Scholarship from University of Birmingham
For over a century the University of Birmingham has been recognized as one of the world’s leading universities for the quality of our teaching and research. We attract students of the highest caliber from around the world and have been welcoming international students to the University for over 100 years. To award outstanding achievement, we are pleased to offer a number of international postgraduate scholarships.
Who we are looking for
Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a good 2:1 equivalent bachelors degree as a minimum.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply candidates must:
- be overseas for fee purposes
- have applied for a one year full time masters course and have been issued with a student id number
- must not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source
- Any application received without an id number will not be considered
- Have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK.
- For information on living cost for the UK please visit the International student Advisory Service website http://www.undergraduate.bham.ac.uk/finance/livingcosts.shtml
- Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
- Apply for a postgraduate one year masters course of study at Birmingham
- If you receive an offer of a place (this can be a conditional or unconditional offer) on a postgraduate programme at the University of Birmingham you will automatically be sent scholarship information including a copy of the scholarship form by email.
- If you are already an offer holder, you will receive this email no later than the end of February 2011.
- Applicants should complete the form and return it to the University of Birmingham following the instructions in the email, no later than the scholarship deadline which is May 27th 2011.
- Once the application has been submitted you will receive confirmation that your application has been received.
- If you have a conditional offer, you must ensure that all of your supporting documents are submitted as part of your academic application by May 27th (such as your graduation certificate, references or transcripts). This is necessary because we will consider these documents as part of the shortlisting process. If you are a final year student and will not receive a graduation certificate until after the May 27th deadline or will not have your final exam results, we will consider the most up to date undergraduate transcripts that you submitted as part of your postgraduate application.
- Applications are shortlisted and considered throughout June and early July.
- Successful scholarship applicants will be contacted in July.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all applicants with notification of results or provide feedback on individual applications due to the volume of applications and interest that we receive. If you do not hear from the University by the end of July, please assume that your application for a scholarship has been unsuccessful.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for receipt of applications is June 27th 2018. Applications will not be accepted if they are submitted to the University after this date